Code of Conduct
Home of Service offers a place to establish and develop a community via the internet.
Home of Service members and users are expected to always act lawfully, honestly, ethically, and in the best interests of the company.
Members have a duty to lead by example, always demonstrating respect and dignity for others; valuing diversity and conducting themselves in a non-discriminatory manner at all times. The main principles of Home of Service are based upon Honesty, Openness and Sincerity; for members and visitors of the site to observe the following main principles:
- Trust between members - being honest and open; acting with integrity and respect for each other
- Good communication - sharing information and listening to others
- Ideas and creativity - offering ideas and being open to ideas proposed by others
- Openness to learning and feedback
- Collaboration with others
Specifically, your obligations are as follows:
1. Conduct and content
While using or accessing the website--directly or indirectly--you agree to adopt a courteous and constructive tone and practice good etiquette. More importantly, you agree to abide by the below principles and actions through your contributions.
- must not threaten, disrupt, inflame, intimidate, libel, stalk, defame, or defraud any individual, entity, or group on any basis including but not limited to age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, religion or disability or encourage anyone else to do so.
- must not contain unlawful or objectionable content nor involve disruptive, offensive or abusive behavior. Please be respectful and civil to other members, even if you disagree with them. Material that is unlawful, harassing, threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive, abusive, hateful, inflammatory, profane, racially, sexually or religiously offensive or otherwise objectionable or unlawful is not acceptable.
- must not post, publish, or transmit any text, graphics, or material that is illegal or violates local and national laws or any text that contains, encourages, advocates, or expresses obscenity, pornography, hatred, bigotry, racism, vulgarity, or gratuitous violence.
- must not promote illegal or anti-social behavior. Contributions must not contain violent or sexually explicit material or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) terrorist acts, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- must not contain unsuitable or irrelevant website addresses or URLs. Links to pornography, commercial or other inappropriate content may be deleted.
- must not infringe anyone else’s rights, including copyright. Your contributions must not plagiarize or infringe the rights of any other person including any copyright, database, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights of any kind. Therefore with regard to existing articles, news, reports, or other copyright material you will generally need the explicit permission of the relevant copyright owners.
- must not modify or falsify the source of any content or information, impersonate another individual, Home of Service representative, or moderator, or falsely state or misrepresent affiliation with a person or entity.
- must not disclose any personal information. Contributions to this website are publicly available and can be viewed by others with whom you may not wish to share such information. Do not include any personal or personally identifiable information about you or others (including your own or anyone else’s email address).
- must not involve any flooding, spamming or advertising. Flooding is when the same comment is posted over and over in the same forum; spamming is the posting of the same comment (or very similar) to more than one forum. All advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, junk mail and any other forms of commercial solicitation are prohibited.
You agree NOT to engage in any of the following actions, even if they do not constitute a breach of any applicable laws:
- flood, overload, or mail bomb any mail service or transmit or transfer any harmful or disruptive viruses, worms, computer code, files, or programs;
- access restricted, password-only, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- disrupt, harm or inappropriately access any computer, network, server or telecommunication system or violate related security or operational procedures, policies or regulations;
- send identical private messages to more than one (1) user at the same time;
- use Home of Service messages or member profile content to obtain personally identifiable information, or to solicit or sell to any member inappropriately;
- invade privacy by attempting to collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, including without limitation password information, account information, credit card numbers, addresses, or other contact information;
- create "trolling" posts (trolling is deliberately posting false or provocative information in order to elicit responses from people who would not respond if they knew the motivation behind the post);
- include or create links or otherwise refer to external sites that violate these restrictions
- attempt to "frame," "mirror" or otherwise copy any portion of the Site without Home of Service’s express written authorization.
2. Spam is prohibited
You will not use the Service to transmit or facilitate the transmission of any unsolicited bulk or commercial email ("Spam"), directly or indirectly. You will not post content: (i) in inappropriate categories (ii) with excessive frequency (iii) in multiple categories or multiple cities, or (iv) with identical or substantially identical text or photography. You will not use unrelated words in content to skew search results.
You will not perform, advertise, promote or mention any form of structural distribution measures (such as multi-level marketing, network marketing, matrix marketing, pyramid sales, or other “get rich quick” schemes).
You will not distribute or disseminate inappropriate, unauthorized or unsolicited advertising or promotional offers including, but not limited to, contests, sweepstakes, barter, junk mail, spam, chain letters, and pyramid schemes.
Spamming not only damages the experience of people receiving unsolicited messages, but it also damages your reputation in this community. Spamming reflects negatively on Home of Service’s reputation as well. For all of these reasons, we take complaints about spam very seriously.
We value participation in this community and hope members will be able abide by our spam policy. We look forward to seeing authentic participation and genuine relationship building on the site.
3. Member profile content
Real Names. Members are required to provide their real first and last names in their profile for identification purposes. You may not impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your identity in your profile. Furthermore, you may not misrepresent your age or your affiliation with any person or entity.
Profile Headshot and Use of Company Logos. Each Member’s profile contains a place for an image of the Member (“Member Headshot”) that is duplicated on the public pages of the site to identify a Member. This image was intended for photo of a person and may not contain the logo belonging to a business, with the exception of photos of Home of Service employees. Notwithstanding, we may remove any image at our discretion and without notice from profiles we deem to be not in compliance with this policy.
Breach of the code of conduct
It will be our sole decision as to whether there has been a breach of this Code of Conduct. We have the right (but not the obligation) to edit, refuse to post, or to remove any contribution in whole or in part that we deem to be in breach of the Code of Conduct. Where we believe there is a breach of the Code of Conduct, we may take whatever action we feel is appropriate in the circumstances.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Code of Conduct. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you reasonably believe that any contribution to our website made by another user contravenes this Code of Conduct and/or any of the Website Terms, please notify us using the “Report Abuse”/”Flag as Inappropriate” or equivalent button.